Edit June 4th: The Kickstarter is LIVE!! Click here!!
We're getting closer and closer to the launch of the Shock Troops Kickstarter! We are trying very hard to be ready for a launch on March 4, but due to administrative delays out of our control, it looks like it may be a few more days. Don't worry though, as this has been the opportunity for us to add new characters to the project, and the concepts that we are developing keep getting better and better!
So, in the meantime, here is Cruz, one of our tougher Rambette. (Previous images here.)
In our previous Kickstarter post, we asked you how we should proceed to release our 3 planned KS projects (the Toughest Girls of the Galaxy, the Dark Elves Invasion, and the Sisters of Eternal Mercy). Your comments have been very instructive, and have helped us make important decisions. While we don't have all the answers yet, the process has significantly moved us forward.
The issues that were most consistently raised were that:
• You want time to replenish their funds and manage their budgets;
• You would like shorter delivery dates, and on time deliveries as much as possible;
• You recommend we don't dally to make sure to stay ahead of the competition;
• Some of you are VERY impatient for the second and third KS...
Obviously, some of these points conflict with each other, so while is no perfect solution to please everyone, we've come up with the following plan so far:
• For the Toughest Girls KS, we will release all the characters in metal, and the troops and vehicles in plastic. This will drastically cut the delivery time. Our metal foundry is very fast and efficient, and you already know the quality of its work though our other minis. And by splitting the production, we will reduce the amount of work required from the plastic foundry, making sure that it can deliver earlier than originally expected.
• Also, to alleviate waiting time after the KS, you will be able to choose the option of receiving your pledge in 2 partial shipments, rather than all at once when everything is ready.
• Meanwhile, we will also continue to release new minis outside the Kickstarters, as we normally do, and you can depend on those releases including Dark Elves and Sisters...
It is true that we should probably not announce dates for the Dark Elves and the Sisters Kickstarters until we see how things are going in the first one… But we'll keep you posted as soon as we can name a decent tentative date.
And even though we know this is virtually impossible, we'll try our very best to make everyone as happy as possible and keep the best possible balance between everyone's needs.
As you probably understood from the appearance of Lady von Stroheim in a previous post, there will be two factions in our first Kickstarter. As some of you already guessed, we are indeed working on a game!
We won't say much more at the moment, but the Kickstarters should help us release enough minis so that as soon as the rules are sufficiently functional, you'll be able to start testing them and give us your feedback.
Well, as you know, to make this work, we need YOU!
A smart reader suggested that we provide banners to help spread the word on the Kurganova Shock Troops Kickstarter. So, DONE!
You can grab the banner below and link it to this Kickstarter page (http://www.ragingheroes.com/pages/kickstarter-news) we've set up (until the Kickstarter is actually live).
You can put it on your blog, or as your signature in forum posts, or anywhere else you can think of...
Or the French version:
We've mentioned it before, but may we also strongly suggest that you ask us (Asharah Raging) as a friend on Facebook, (for communication purposes, "Friending" Asharah is more effective than "Liking" the Raging Heroes page). At this point in time, Facebook is probably the best way to get real time info on what's going on with our Kickstarter and other projects.
Asharah Raging is already up 360+ Friends since we've started communicating on this!
You can also follow us on Twitter. We're not very effective Twitterers yet, (but working on it); and all our Facebook posts do get an automatic Twitter update.
PS/ Want to make sure you know when we get started? Just sign up for our newsletter.
Want to help out? Please leave a comment below - just remember to use your actual email address so we can contact you (don't worry, it won't be visible online).
To make this happen, PLEASE, PLEASE, SPREAD THE WORD!